July 9, 2010

A girl called Jacquie....
i was thrilled to have been the lucky winner of Jacquie's amazing giveway
i won 5 gorgeous accessory pieces, yes 5!!!
they are all so so pretty
that I just had to do a special post all about Jacquie.
She's a girl you'll want to know more about.... so I asked her a few questions.

* What is currently inspiring you?
I work in a little nook/studio
which I have decorated with pretty pictures, lovely fabrics, loads of
colour and patterns and work from many of my favourite artists. Being
surrounded by beautiful work from people who I admire definitely
inspires me and helps get my creative juices flowing.

* What are you currently reading?
Yesterday I finished reading "The
Memory Keeper's Daughter" - a really engrossing read. I'm just about
to start "In Human" by Anna Dusk which is a horror book set in
Tasmania!

* Name 3 things you couldnt live without right now?
The first things that came to mind were tea, gin and tonic and chocolate! Food and
drink aside, I'd say my pretty little nook/studio, my music collection
and my family.

* Favourite colour (or colour combinations)?
I love to wear most
shades of green and browns but I love to be surrounded by lots of
pretty colours. I'm also loving kitschy vintage patterns of
orange/yellow/green/brown.

* Favourite foods to eat?
I love Indian and Mexican food (vegetarian)

* What do you love about your City?
Hobart, Tasmania: I love the fact
that everything is so close - we have the beach, rainforest and
mountains all within close driving distance. It's such a beautiful
picturesque city. We have a fantastic art/cultural/music scene and
nice little restaurants and cafes. People are so down to earth and
natural.

* Why should people buy handmade?
It encourages the appreciation of
unique quality goods, supports creative individuals directly and helps
avoid environmental damage due to mass production. Buying something
that has been individually handcrafted by an individual is worth so
much more than something bought by thousands of others and which was
made in a factory.

* Do you have a favourite quote you'd like to share with us?
"When life hands you lemons make a gin and tonic."


Jacquie's Etsy shop Under the Shade of a Bonsai Tree
Facebook fan page
and Blog
...go say hello!!



*top image by Jacquie
other images taken by me - the wonderful pieces that I won!!!

7 comments:

  1. Aren't you so lucky! such pretty things : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lucky you! I love that ring. EWnjoy all your new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture of your ring win is beautiful. Congrats on the win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are exquisite (the colors pop and make the jewelrey look yummy enough to eat)and your post is lovely. How fun...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daphne11:53 AM

    Lucky you Anastasia - beautiful pieces and lovely colours! Will check out her etsy shop now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So thrilled you love your prize pack - thanks for the pretty blog entry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, very pretty things. Lucky you. Sweet interview too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...