October 26, 2010

Do you know where you're going to?
Do you like the things that life is showing you?
Where are you going to?... do you know?

I have no idea why but when I spotted these 'I heart London' inspired images taken by Hugh Stewart for 'Marie Claire' magazine,
I thought of Diana Ross and her song 'Do you know?' ...such a sweet song but maybe its because they reminded me of me being young and wanting to visit London...I couldnt wait!!
Growing up we were right into the British music, new wave pop bands - pretty boy bands.

London seemed such a cool place to be - the fashion, the street style, the punk & grunge mixed with aristocracy and the Royals!

I couldnt wait to be amongst it all - black cabs, friendly pubs,
tea houses, cobbled streets, castles, Oxford St, city parks, Harrods, pretty gardens...
Its my favourite city in the world - ever!
Two weeks ago I went to see British band
'Simply Red' live outside the Opera House ( remember them?)
it was such a great night and bought back so many memories ...the crowd went crazy as we danced our way through the evening ...song after song the words came out easily for everyone! and we sang with all our strength into the cool night sky....









* All images by Hugh Stewart for Marie Claire Australia *

2 comments:

  1. It's fun to hear an impression of England from an outside perspective!
    Sometimes London just feels grey and busy, but now that I have left I am nostalgic for all the things you mentioned!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually don't really like London. ekk! I have been there 3 times. I think it is chaotic and dirty and manly but agree that the city has a lot of old English charm in many places and a lot to offer though...and is rich in interesting dark history. I'll have to give the city another chance.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...