June 4, 2012

A touch British
Yesterday felt like a very British day...well weather wise that is,...it was gray, it drizzled then rained and rained some more.
We went to our local shops centre to pass the time, i did my grocery shopping and I bought some fresh salmon which I plan to cook tomorrow on my day off.
I also bought a lovely purple jumper that was heavily discounted  - nice one!
I spent the afternoon on the couch watching documentaries about Queen Elizabeth II,  Im suprised I didnt get any whining from my boys but they kept themselves occupied and I enjoyed hogging the TV (for once)!
Its been wonderful to see The Diamond Jubilee celebrations...seems like people are embracing the Royals and everything British all over again.

The latest Gourmet Traveller magazine celebrates British  food...puddings, pies  - perfect comfort food!
I even spotted a recipe for Eccles Cakes - very old fashioned indeed!


6 comments:

  1. I've been loving all of the Diamond Jubliee coverage! I'm an American, and there's been a ton of stuff about it and the royal family in general over here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know what kind of dog the queen is holding in that first pic?
    Looks so much like my dog Daphne.

    Wishing you all the best,
    Mary (from BYW 2.0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi from Denmark! Very beautiful photos from Queen! I try to follow some big U.K. events, weddings a.s.o. My sister is living in Brighton, so I get the latest new from her to :)

    Best wishes, Eeli from BYW 2.0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anastasia,
    just found your blog at byw2 and just wanted to stop by and say "hi"!

    Very nice Blog!

    See you in Class,
    xo Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you make me crave home made scones and clotted cream :)
    Have a fantastic week-end and see you in BYW classes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah,sounds like a lovely day! I'm in Texas, and I wish we had more British-feeling weather. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...