March 26, 2015

A Girl called Carmen....

This week I'm really excited to feature Carmen on the blog, another Creative Girl you should get to know.
I had seen Carmen around at a few local Etsy events and we had a chance to chat at the recent Sydney Etsy Team 'Show and Tell' gathering in Newtown - she's so warm and friendly and a very talented Illustrator and designer!
Carmen's illustrations are so delicately beautiful and she illustrates with such fine detail.  I love all   her animal prints - their faces and expressions show SO much character!  I also love the airy feel to Carmen's illustrations.
Welcome Carmen!
Can you tell us what is is currently inspiring you? 
The change of season,
botanicals, and the delicate lines in nature.

What creative plans do you have planned this year?
 I have so many plans, just need the time to do them all!
This year, I’m very much focused on expanding my range. I want to create a series of greeting cards, invitations and kids apparels.
On top of that, I want to dabble in the world of fine arts and do more experiments with different mediums, composition and scale.

Can you define to us your personal style? 
My personal style is very different to my work.
My work is very delicate and muted while in real life I’m very colourful and love mixing patterns and texture. I love the juxtaposition of the two styles, it adds interest to my everyday life.

Do you have a favourite colour? 
I love yellow! just writing about it now makes me happy. I use it a lot during the planning and concept stage, it’s a colour which helps me to focus and to think clearly.


What about a favourite Smell or Fragrance? 
 My favourite fragrance is Om by Miller et Bertaux. It is a spicy and woody sense which is a mix of grown up elegance and a warm embrace.

Imagine your most perfect day – what would it look like? 
My most perfect day would have to be art related. It would start with a visit to a local gallery, then maybe a visit to Art on King to buy more art supplies and then a walk home with a big cup of hot chocolate and ideas for a new drawing project.

What do you love about your City?
The creative energy. It seems like everyone I meet these day are either chasing their dreams, starting a new project or doing something fantastical. I think our city is more vibrant and alive than ever before and we are so lucky to live in such a creative city like Sydney.

Do you have a favourite quote you'd like to share with us?
I used to collect quotes but not anymore. I try to clear my head of clutter where possible. Sometimes you can be so focus on people’s ideas that you forget your own.

Thanks so much Carmen for this little Q&A session!  Its been great to get to know a little bit more about you.
To connect with Carmen and to see more of her work and what she's been doing lately head on over to her Etsy Shop 'Drawn by Carmen 
her Website instagram feed (we all love Instagram!) and Carmen's  Facebook page

4 comments:

  1. Anastasia, you conducted a great and thorough interview! I love the layout of the post and the graphics make it extra pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Natasha - glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. They're so lovely and feminine! Love the grumpy cat too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...