June 23, 2015

Serious interior Envy!

We are building a house.
Yay!! It's finally happening.
After so many trips to display home estates, pouring over home plans and home websites we have signed off and its really going to happen!
There are a few new homes been built in our neighborhood so I’ve been eyeing in, observing the different stages and whilst I’m super excited for our turn soon,  I’m also super nervous.
This is a new experience for us and I’m trying really hard to focus on the end result so I don’t freak right out!
I think all these feelings are very normal and I need to take it all in and enjoy the process as it unfolds - hard for an impatient girl.
So as you know I’ve been collating images both on Pinterest (hello! Future Home) and also in a magazine clippings folder (old school Pinterest).


The dream home I have in my head and also what I’m visualising from interior decorated images (picture perfect) is a little silly - serious interior envy!
We don’t have an endless budget and we all know homes should be lived in and not a show home.

Creating a home that is comfortable and practical, warm and inviting is my focus.
Wish me luck!

*images via Pinterset
top -  Emily Henderson
Middle - Decor Pad/Domaine
Home
Bottom - Style at Home


3 comments:

  1. How exciting! Having just completed the process, I can say that, for us, it was an OK experience.
    A friend of ours is our building designer, and we found a builder that we really liked and trusted.
    However it is a HUGE undertaking, and you will feel overwhelmed, frustrated, doubtful, worried, as well as happy and excited.
    so many decisions to make.
    I can't wait to see what you are going to be doing.
    You have great style, and a great eye for design so I'm sure it will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hugs Tess!!! Yes, Ive been following your progress and I can just imagine all those feelings and emotions happening, it has to happen right...? Its all about the experience and am sure it will be worth it in the end!!!

      Delete
  2. The new house drawings are great for allowing you to draw floor plans in 2D then visualize them in 3D. You can easily move walls as you refine your design & allow you to quickly generate views of your ideas and designs. You can then easily modify the drawings as you drag and drop furniture, appliances and fixtures into the blueprints.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...