September 6, 2007

Chunky mags....
I always look forward to the Spring and Fall issue of magazines as I know they are going to be thick and full of great inspiration,
so when I got my September issue of Vogue(USA) in the mail last week I was not suprised to see that it was their biggest ever....the Guardian even wrote an article about it "what can you do with a brick sized Vogue?...' haha

the editor's letter starts at page 208 (and continues on page 224) so you can imagine how much of the content is advertising ( chi ching $$$)
but I don't mind...there are days when all you want to do is just look at pretty pictures right?
This however is not a magazine you can just curl up with...its so heavy that you need to sit down at a sturdy table to flick through ...be careful not to drop it, you could damage a toe (or two)

The beautiful layout
'Paris, Je T'aime'
shot by the creative genius Steven Meisel and styled by Grace Coddington, is just
Gorgeous!!!
It made my heart beat fast... really fast!
I adore the style of the 20's-30's and this felt like stepping back in time...page after page of stunning visual detail...i just had to share some of the pics!! so dreamy....






9 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:20 PM

    aww, not i want a copy of this magazine... it's gonna cost me a lot, though, as I'm in germany at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:51 PM

    :-)

    bought it yesterday for 10 euros - and it is a brick! I was reading it (a.k.a. flipping through all the ads) on the subway and I saw people staring at my big magazine... 'is that a magazine?!'

    cheers from Amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:38 AM

    I really love the photos you selected, beautiful 'flapper look', great style. I think it's time to go on another magazine spree :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yes!!!! Its absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, did you see the first prada ad with the orange faux fur coat? OMG! I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:31 AM

    You are so right. I love the big fat (although this is pretty fat) issues of the clothes mags. I guess reminds me of going back to school. I will have to go pick this one up (better eat my wheaties first). : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:19 PM

    Beautiful! I think I need some fashion mags, all I've been buying are home mags lately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. After seeing these photos, I must rush out and buy it. I share with you a love of the twenties. The fashion, hairstyles, and young women became outspoken about everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:16 AM

    Ohh I love that spread too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...