October 20, 2008


Bon Voyage....
Arrivedeci...

my sister and her family are off to NY today...
im so excited for them and a little sad as well as we were meant to be going too, well that was the plan a year ago but Andrew is contracting right now and couldnt get away.
We figured our boys are still very young for such a busy trip...big cities are meant to be walked and explored...full days, long nights - a little much to ask for from 4 and 6 year old, maybe it will be our turn in a couple of years!
My sister has also organised to meet up with our
Great Aunt whom she hasnt seen since she was 5...should be great fun!
*metropolitan backdrop of New York's Chrysler Building from Vogue 1958 - Conde Nast*

13 comments:

  1. I'm with you... you definitely see more of a city when you walk. And it IS exhausting... But then you can always find a little cafe hidden in some tiny street and relax and soak up the local atmosphere. One day you will get there and the kids will love it then too.
    Gorgeous photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh! I've never been to New York (thought about studying there once) but in my mind it's the sister of Paris, another great city to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does get a lot easier to do and see more things when the kids get older. That's what we're waiting for too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh... how i wish that you were coming too! :) one day i would love to sit and have a cup of tea with you in NY! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting, but also bittersweet too. You're such a good sport.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:17 AM

    gorgeous image, makes me want to trundle off over there too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't been is soooo long! To think I used to go almost every weekend.

    Wanted to invite you back to my place for at $25 gift certificate to A Fanciful Twist give away :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:05 AM

    I haven't been to NY yet, either. Big cities are fun -if you break them down into smaller sections. There's always something to see and explore!!!

    I love that photo from 1958!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I heart NYC. I hope you do get a turn some day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE NY !!! and especially vintage NY !! I have an art homage at my blog today to that very place :)

    Your sister will have a magical time and your turn will be soon I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh how nice - a bit of a dream for me too!! your chance will come too. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. whenever you decide...i will be waiting for you!!
    did you tell your sister to call me if she has any questions when she is here?
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...