June 18, 2012

A Girl called Ruth-Mary...
Hello friends! 
A brand new week and I think its a great time to meet another creative girl.
Today I want to introduce Ruth-Mary, a Sydney based artist whose illustrations always have a touch of whimsy, Motherhood and Family and lots of Love!
Welcome Ruth-Mary!
Can you tell us what is currently inspiring you? I am crazy inspired by all things vintage, particularly at the moment by the patterns on vintage sheets. I am a very visual person and spend more time than I should combing through beautiful images and then drawing them into my own style.

Name 3 things you couldnt live without right now?
Definitely my family. I had a long journey to have my family of 3 girls through adoption, natural and also fostering to adopt. I am so blessed with a great marriage and these sweet girls, I find this spills into my illustration. I couldn't live without time to create. It is woven into the fabric of me! At times when I am overwhelmed with other responsibilities I have been known to say to my husband " I just have to paint!!!"
Lastly I would say my faith, it keeps me grounded and gives me purpose.

Can you define to us your personal style? Tricky to put into a couple of words perhaps vintage inspired whimsical?? To be honest I dont exactly know except that it is "me".

Do you have a favourite colour (or colour combinations)? I still enjoy the colour scheme of early on in the shabby chic movement- faded greens,pinks, beige and white.


What is your favourite Smell or Fragrance?
 The fragrance I am wearing everyday is Jennifer Lopez,  " My glow" I bought it on the specials table and was so surprised thatI loved it.


What do you love about your City? I love Sydney as it is part of me. I grew up here and love the special things that we can now take the girls to. I live in a beautiful part of Sydney near the beaches so there is lots to love!

Do you have a favourite quote you'd like to share with us?
I have been doing a lot of illustration lately around the theme of mother and child. It has caused me to reflect on the things I love so for me at the moment the one I relate to is" Home is where the heart is".

To see more of Ruth-Mary's work head on over to her Etsy Shop 'PatchworkFamily Art'  and her
blog and Facebook page for all her latest news!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...