July 31, 2012


A Girl called Illanique...

Food Glorious Food!  
Id love for you to all meet Illanique, a creative and talented Food stylist from South Africa.
I met Illanique over on Pinterest and adore all her inspirations and pins, she has an awesome eye for beautiful details and it can be seen in her styling work!

Welcome Illanique!!
Can you tell us what is currently inspiring you?
I’m a real bookworm and a sucker for a pretty magazine.
International cooking magazines are my kryptonite but I get so much inspiration from browsing recipes, trends and décor ideas.
I love getting on Pinterest and finding new and exciting images – truly addicted!
Browsing small markets and antique shops also does wonders when I lack creativity and need some inspiration for photoshoots.

Name 3 things you couldnt live without right now?
My Blackberry, my dogs and coffee machine.

Can you define to us your personal style?
Keep it simple and feminine – I definitely go for the less is more approach.
Do you have a favourite colour (or colour combinations)?
Grey and Duck egg or Turquoise and Coral.
What about a favourite Smell/Frangrance?
If there’s one smell I would love to bottle it would be the smell of bread baking in the oven. As far as fragrances go I love those with citrus and flowery undertones like Mango Delirium or anything from DKNY.
 
What do you love about your City/Town?
Down here in Cape Town there’s hardly a day that we don’t see the sun.
Having so many cultures in one city means that you can drive 5 minutes into town and have a wide selection of local, Italian, Chinese, French, Mexican or Jamaican food. 
I live right at the foot of Table Mountain and only a few kilometers away from the winelands – the perfect spot to be in Cape Town.
I have travelled to so many different countries and even after all those amazing trips I still get emotional when I arrive back at Cape Town International airport.

Do you have a favourite quote you'd like to share with us?
'Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life “ - anon

Thanks SO much Illanique!!!   to see more of Illanique's styling work take a look at her beautiful website 




11 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and am off to read through your posts! The photos are gorgeous and making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! Popping over from post of the month club. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote. So very true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post Anastasia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Anastasia, thanks so much for linking this scrummy post to the POTMC! Illanique is so talented. I want to make some pavlova now ☺. J x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was able to visit South Africa in the Summer of 2006. Loved it! Your food is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. illanique7:09 PM

    Thank you for featuring me on your beautiful blog - love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview and beautiful images!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great interview and lovely picutes. Glad to have found your blog through Blogging Buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful food and styling, I enjoyed the interview and Illanique's insights.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...