February 25, 2013

Brunch for One 
I have a Pinterest board titled ‘Way too pretty to eat’ and currently I have 460 pins of delicious looking recipes & food ideas – beautiful photography helps seal the deal (those clever food bloggers!!) but the ratio is leaning to sweet, sugary pins compared to the healthy options…

I don’t know if Id ever get a chance to try out all these recipes, since I’m pinning faster than I’m cooking but it’s been a great ‘Go to’ tool for food inspiration.
Last week on my day off I decided to go all out and make myself something special for brunch - brunch for one!
So I dropped my boys off at school, and then when I felt ready I headed into my kitchen...
Now if you are watching your waistline & calories look away because this is extremely indulgent (and very satisfying)
Ricotta Stuffed French Toast
In a small bowl mix some fresh drained Ricotta, a Tablespoon of sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Add a splash of cream or milk to make it smoother (optional).
Cut a 'Panini Di Casa' bread roll in half but not completely - enough to form a pocket.   You could use any type of bread roll, I just had this one at home.
Slather the bread roll pocket with Ricotta filling

In another bowl mix an egg with a little sugar, cinnamon and milk - beat until combined.
Add your bread roll to the mixture and let it soak - flip over and let it soak some more.
Melt a little butter in a small fry pan and then gently fry your bread roll until golden brown on both sides - sprinkle with honey and pecans.
Eat and enjoy!!!...(ps this is so filling and delicious you wont want anything else until dinner time - promise!)




3 comments:

  1. wow, that looks & sounds awesome!

    I too have hundreds more pretty food pins/recipes than I could ever actually cook, but I have made some at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    I really enjoy your blog so I nominated you for a blogger award. Check out my blog for details. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh this looks delicious, I'm going to have to try this one day as I love ricotta and pecans. Pretty floral plate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...