September 19, 2014

off to the beach...and a little Q&A

Tomorrow morning we are off on a long drive to Queensland for a week of 'chill out' time - I cant wait and Im hoping for warm days to relax by the pool and enjoy a little vacation!

The lovely Amanda from Kaleidoscope blog tagged me for a fun Q&A so here are my answers - lets go!
What is your favourite smell?
 I love fresh floral scents, the smell of Jasmine and Honeysuckle stirs up Summer memories. I also love the smell of baked goods – bread, cakes, pastries…the waft of sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in the air – perfect!

Would you rather live on the coast or in the countryside? Why? 
 Can I have both please?! An airy coastal home decorated in pale, soothing, watery tones and furnishings is a dreamy interior inspiration but If I had to choose between the two Id say the Countryside.  As a little girl I was obsessed with ‘Milly Molly Mandy’ and Enid Blyton books so I’ve always had a soft spot for the English countryside - a little character filled cottage on a lonely road with a distant forest, rolling hills and an adorable village down the road - how delightful.

What is your go-to routine to unwind?
Hello Pinterest! This is my go-to for time wasting and stress free activity…I also enjoy reading – books, blogs, online and print articles on many different subjects. I have to include another favourite- enjoying a quick (or leisurely) coffee in a Café is a perfect ‘time out’ for me too…

Indoor or Outdoor? 
I'm an indoor person for sure! I do love the outdoors but only in small doses…being at home is a real treat and I lavish weekends where we have no set plans and I can ponder amongst my things, hang out in my kitchen and organise my home.
What is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for you?
I'm such an optimist! I always see the good in people, some see that as naïve but that’s just the way I'm wired…I have kind things happen to me all the time I'm sure everyone does but sometimes we need to pay attention a little more to see it!

Most prized object (not people)? 
That’s a tricky one – Id have to say our Family photos, so many moments captured - family history, memories, nostalgia…smiles and happy times!

Are you an early bird or a night owl?
I'm a night owl trying to become an early bird – the tables have turned as my work has relocated and I'm now commuting by train, a long commute so I'm in bed earlier and up earlier but I’m really enjoying the early mornings – I feel SO alive!

What do you love most about blogging? 
Feeling connected and inspired…noticing things I would not normally notice in my day and being aware of how amazing life is! I guess for me its my 'happy place' where I can share my inspirations!

If you were to change your name, what would you new name be? Id go for some fancy name like Clémentine (sweet) or Veronique...(sultry)

What is one piece of advice or value that you want to pass on to the next generation? (children, nieces, nephews, friend’s kids) 
Go out and explore - travel far and wide -  I love this 'Never get so busy making a living that your forget to have a life!'

See you in a week friends! i'll still be on Instagram though (cant resist!) so you can follow my adventures there ...

* Image via WithLovefromKat


3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the break, the warmth, the down time, the family time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fab time in Queensland Anastasia! Love that quote, 'Never get so busy making a living that your forget to have a life". A good one to have on the screen saver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're all having a wonderful holiday with great weather Anastasia. So lovely to learn more about you. I also loved Enid Blyton books as a child.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...