August 4, 2008

This is my trade secret.....
no big trade secrets but I try to have Balance in my life...taking a little time out for ME in a hectic day makes me a better mother, wife, and a happier more content person.
Baking is another thing i enjoy - It relaxes me!
I get my boys involved too and it always makes the house smell nice. My husbands Uncle owns a cake shop, a popular one too as its been featured in the Good Living section of the paper many times but I much prefer home made treats....most people do dont you think?!
this weekend I made chocolate caramel slice ( can you believe Im still melting chocolate easter eggs?) - the slice was perfect with an afternoon coffee...yum!
Being Creative - i tend to craft late at night but Im happy to be creating amongst my papers and craft supplies... fingers always sticky from glue (my favourite is the reliable UHU stick) so baby wipes nearby are handy whilst crafting!!
i love to surround myself with sweet things - ribbons, vintage images, ephemera, lace scraps ... my collection of vintage children books always make me smile.....
Finding Inspiration in the everyday ....beautiful visuals, wonderful blogs, random acts of Kindness, nature ...our world is a special place! now Im sounding kinda corny...heheee
Images:
* Caramal Slice on a thrifted floral plate
* My pink box of pretty things...
* Vintage British 1940's snap cards - a lovely Ebay win!

12 comments:

  1. love those photos...you have a wonderful collection of inpirational pretties. I agree with you about finding a balance - it's so important to take some time to nurture your creativity.

    The bow necklace is very classic, maybe you could turn it into a brooch? hairpin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I don't know whether I'm really brave enough to wear them. I got a toot from a passing motorist while we were snapping these pics. Could be the general response, I reckon. I could plead weird bag lady insanity. I just adore those swap cards. What were you looking for to find them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. too funny about the horn tooting!! i think i was searching vintage paper cards or something like that - they are so sweet...40 in the pack!! a great Ebay win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:13 PM

    I really could do with a piece of that slice just about now... and those snap cards are wonderful! What are you planning to do with them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh.. that slice looks so yummy! A lovely post by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:39 AM

    I love how you manage to take time out for yourself and your family, you juggle everything so well - great philosophy! Fab collection of items, and yum home baking!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:06 AM

    OOoh love that pretty pink box with the little girl bride in it. The Vintage British snap cards are just too sweet... I'll have to have a browse on ebay today - looks like I'm not going to get much done thanks to you Anastasia! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely collection and I agree - balance is an essential element of a happy life. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post! AhHH balance-something I strive for but don't always manage to have!Yummy looking slice

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is so much fun reading everybodies secrets...love yours.Especially the baking that calms you...for me it always gives me stress to bake or cook.So many different ways eh?hugs Dees

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to say that I was reading this post and I thought I was reading about myself! I really strive for balance in life. Sometimes it is easier than other days, but I have a few non negotiables in my life that I try to stick to. Other than that I love to bake as well and those treats look quite yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...