April 26, 2011

Creative Inspiration: from bedroom decor to paper goods


i love a little creative challenge especially on rainy days like today!
i have a folder full of magazine clippings, images that inspire, that Id like to keep for future reference, to dream about or that I just cant throw away - I found this image, a serene bedroom featured in Australian Home Beautiful magazine
in my pile of pretties.
Its simple and unfussy but i love the pop of colour on the pillows nestled amongst the beige, cremes and taupes, the large mirror bouncing off beautiful sunlight - really pretty!

It inspired some Gift tags I made. I used textured vintage wallpaper that reminded me of the bedspread. I also used some waxy watercolour pencils to draw some flowers....they turned out cute!
What do you think?




*image from Home Beautiful and Gifttags in my shop now












6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:39 AM

    Wow, your source of inspiration can really be seen in the outcome! You're good designer :) I clip inspiration pictures from magazines, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out great! I get a lot of inspiration from furniture/interiors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! What an beautiful job you've done to translate the bedroom into your craft. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love these tags! What a fun way to challenge some creativity! The tags are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tags and fantastic to be inspired by beautiful pieces :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think you're super talented!!
    what a great way to get inspired. thanks for the tip!!!

    following via the Etsy Blog Team post.

    -kristanlynn @ adelynSTONE
    www.kristanlynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...