October 28, 2014

Ya-Ya Sisterhood

I have so many unread books on my bookshelf...books that were recommended or that I had bought because I might enjoy ( yes! I also judge books by the cover...)...
Since I now commute to work by train, I have plenty of time to read.
2 hours a day plenty!
I'm slowly working my way through the books that have been patiently waiting for my attention all these months (years...)
I recently finished 'Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood' and loved the book so much that I wish I had read it sooner.

a book about family, family secrets and a flawed rocky Mother-daughter relationship... but mainly its about life-long friendship and acceptance...
the 'young' Ya-Ya's sure did hang out a lot on their front porches (...the side porch when they had a head full of rollers...) drinking their cola - lots of laughs, crying, heart break...


It left me thinking about it for days
thinking about all the characters and how I didn't get the closure that I wanted...ha!
I actually ended up a little at odds with the sudden way it ended.
I guess it had an impact on me...like any good book would.



4 comments:

  1. It's good isn't it? There's a second one - can't remember what it's called. Hmmm, it's maybe even one I'll have to re-read. It was that good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes so good! I did read that there was a prequel to the book, I’ll have to look into it and I also want to see the movie now although it got a rotten tomato award haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. We both blogged about books today. Must be in our Capricorn stars ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there are three books total actually - I've read the first two and I have the third one but haven't read it yet. These books are SO good!!!!
    Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (1996)
    Ya-Yas in Bloom (2005)
    The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder (2009)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...