February 19, 2006



Illustration Friday - Song

What a great topic!
I love movies that break out in song at any chance (Moulin Rouge, Sound of Music, Wizard of Oz) but when I thought of the topic 'song' i kept imagining in my mind the Greek Sirens Pisinoe, Aglaope and Thelxiepi - from the ancient world of Greek Mythology. I imagine their songs to be sweet and eerie luring all the sailors into their trance.
The myth states the Sirens to be part bird part human but they are also portrayed as part fish part human.

5 comments:

  1. Great mermaids. I love mermaids. Lovely idea.
    MD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anastasia,
    This is awesome! I love the mermaids and the lettering! Great job, as always!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost hear them sing their enchanting melodies...
    Lovely drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ILL. girl! One of my favorite movies was about a guy falling in love with a mermaid! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on these gals as well as the lettering! I think lettering offers a unique look to any drawing. Thanks for visiting my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...