November 21, 2010

little pop of sweetness....
I made some mini chocolate truffles the other day, they are so easy to make and can be stored in fridge for a few days (if they last that long....)
perfect for when you crave that little sweet something during the day.

I made these using fresh bread crumbs instead of sweet biscuits just to make them a little healthier (haha...or so i like to think!)
you could even use WeetBix or crushed cereal flakes

Ingrediants
200 g fresh bread crumbs
1 can condensed milk (skim is healthier)
150 g dark chocolate - chopped
handful of sultanas (optional)
shredded coconut for rolling

add crumbs and sultanas in a large bowl
heat condensed mil and chocolate in small saucepan over low heat until chocolate is melted
pour over crumb mixture - Mix it all up
Chill for 10 minutes until frim
Roll mixture into little balls and roll into the coconut - refrigerate and eat cold




13 comments:

  1. Ugh! you are making me hungry for chocolate and coconut. Look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:25 AM

    When I was in high school I used to make chocolate truffles with cocoa, cream cheese and confectioner's sugar. Your truffles look similar and tasty! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...YUM! And yes, they wouldn't even make it to the fridge in my house...they'd be gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. I love all these Christmas treats - any time of the year actually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look pretty fantastical. Chocolate + coconut = win.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They wouldn't last a minute at my place. I'd be lucky to get the coconut on them!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look yummy but they wouldn't even make it in to the fridge in this house lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:28 PM

    Oh no these are my most favourite sweet, if there is a plate near by I can eat all of them. Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look utterly delicious!! I would have to make these I think. Thanks for the recipe.

    Hmm...I think Harry is a bit dark. It might be a bit too much for your 8 year old. Unless you watched it first to judge for yourself and then take him another time if you think he could handle it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, these look totally delicious! I will have to make them for sure. Forget about healthy version, I want the full indulgence!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious! I had never thought of using bread or anything else instead of the biscuits. They certainly still look yummy! Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I always luuurved chocolate truffles as a kid, so easy to make and so so good to eat! Yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. U have inspired me to make my own ... delicious recipe here I come ....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...