May 7, 2012

Sugar sugar....
Yesterday our friends little girl turned five (hip hip hooray!!) and I made this delicious slice to take along to her party.
Im a huge fan of slices and brownies, i actually prefer them to cupcakes or biscuits so Im always on the hunt for new combinations and recipes.

Ive made these 'Dream Bars' a few times now after spotting the recipe on Averie Cooks  blog - i was intrigued because I had never used a boxed cake mix to make sweet dough
I was also tempted because it had two of my favorite ingrediants,
Condensed Milk and Peanut Butter - seriously, I can happily sit and eat the stuff with a large spoon - both are so good! (bad bad bad!)
This slice has both a salty and sweet taste which is just ever so satisfying
and is best served in tiny little bite size pieces as its so rich!



Dream Bars - Recipe
Heat your oven to 180degrees
Slice base :
Golden Butter Cake mix ( I buy the Greens brand - usually on sale for $2)
125g soft butter
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg
Mix all ingrediants in a bowl until you get a dough like consistency and then spread out on a lined and greased
brownie pan

The Topping:
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup choc chip buttons
1/2 cup white choc chip buttons
Sprinkle over dough

Then in a bowl mix 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use crunchy) and a can of condensed milk and spread over the topping.
Bake until golden brown.


Eat and Enjoy!!

5 comments:

  1. Yummo! These look delish!! Sticking them in my 'must try some time' file. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:28 AM

    Those look quick and tasty! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes!! you should definitely give them a go - you wont be dissapointed haha...the house will smell lovely and warm too! love that about baking sweet stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound delicious! I'm slowly getting into baking, and these seem pretty simple. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so in love with the look and sound of this recipe I pinned it to my Pinterest board. Le sigh!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...