January 12, 2015

Coconut Chai Icey-Cream

This has to be one of the loveliest Summer desserts I've made in ages...
I don't know if I can call it Ice cream (so I'll call it Icey-cream) because it wasn't churned, but its hands down better than many ice creams I've eaten.
so creamy and fragrant with a lovely hint of spice.
Such a pretty colour too!
gluten free, diary free, vegan friendly,
SO easy and bloody delicious! Yum!
Coconut Chai 
Icey-Cream
2 cups coconut milk 
1/4 cup sugar (1/3 if you like it sweeter)
3 tea bags - I used 2 Rooibos and black tea teabag
5 whole cloves
5 peppercorns
2 staranise
1 teaspoon cardamon pods
1 cinnamon stick
Stir all ingrediants in a saucepan over a medium heat, until sugar has dissolved.
Simmer for a few minutes.
Take off heat and let it sit for 5minutes.
Remove the tea bags and leave the spices in for another 15mins to infuse.  Strain into a clean bowl or container. Refrigerate until cool.
Then freeze until firm.
Eat and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds all sorts of lovely. Am going to make it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I hope you do - its really easy!! so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to comment!! i really appreciate it!
Hugs
Anastasia
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...